About Our Sustainability Journey
At Lumetta, our objective is to deliver superior lighting products and services, challenge traditional conventions and ideas with enthusiastic innovation, operate conscientiously, and inspire thoughtful design in all we do. We are also highly passionate about conducting our business with integrity, purposefully conducting operations in our manufacturing plant with dignity and respect to human rights, sustainability, and giving back to the community.
We realize that in fabricating and supplying our lighting there remains an accountability for us to reduce our global impact. We continually advance our sustainable business models and philosophies as well as prioritize, assess, and address any effects that our business may have on our clients, society, and the ecosystem.
People. Planet. Profit.
We understand the importance of making a continual investment in staying aware and inspired–fostering transition by minimizing waste, recycling, and repurposing, and streamlining production to become lean and efficient. Our company gives back to the community by donating in kind and working to be inclusive and diverse. These deliberate efforts allow our company to be focused on “people, planet, and profit.”
- We’ve designed, engineered, led, and manufactured with a strong emphasis on minimizing waste; nearly all our metal, paper, and cardboard waste is recycled as is most of our plastic waste
- We’ve reduced all in-house purchase orders to once weekly and negotiated discounts for bulk deliveries;
lessening pollution and the release of greenhouse gas which cause global warming
- We eliminated plated finishes and exclusively offer powder coated finishes;
plated finishes are hazardous to the environment due to their ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, and toxicity, while powder coating will not harm the environment
- 90% of our shipping materials are recyclable and we recently designed eco-friendly marketing materials; conserving natural resources and reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Our Linear Acoustic light pendants are made of 60% recycled PET fiber; reducing energy consumption by 30-50% and CO2 emissions by nearly 60%, as well as reducing impacts on land, air, and water
- We regularly donate products and supplies to local non-profits: ReStore, Habitat for Humanity, CrossroadsRI, American Heart Association, RI Food Bank, Toys for Tots, Nature Conservancy, DownCity Design, and others; by supporting charities in our local community and giving items a second life, we positively impact the environment through upcycling–clothing, food, and crafting supplies are delivered to local families and community centers
A Responsible Mission
At Lumetta, we continuously improve our manufacturing process and reduce our impact on the environment by producing products with significantly longer lifespans and greater reusability and recyclability. Lumetta’s immediate goal is for our products and facilities to have little to no impact on the environment.
By educating our employees, and working with local suppliers, we can improve our manufacturing processes to include energy efficiency and scheduling waste audits on a regular basis.
We are concentrating on reducing our overall footprint and remain fully committed to protecting the community and preserving the environment for future generations while staying true to our mission.